BREAKING NEWS! The South Coast AQMD plans to adopt a new RULE 1410 BANNING HF/MHF at refineries by the end of 2017. This is fantastic and AMAZING progress. But, we need to keep fighting! Expect opposition. The SCAQMD credited the Torrance Refinery Action Alliance (TRAA) with providing hard evidence MHF is a fraud, no safer than HF, which must (finally!) be eliminated. But now, all of us living or working in the South Bay must redouble efforts to make this ban happen! A rule would eliminate MHF/HF at both Torrance and the Valero in Wilmington refineries. The petrochemical industry will work to crush Rule 1410, or failing that, rewrite it to its own benefit.
Let your voice be heard! Join TRAA’s
Rally and March
Saturday, Feb 18, 2017
10:00 -11:30 am
at Columbia Park
(NW corner of W 190th St and Prairie Ave)
Demand a ban on MHF/HF on the 2nd anniversary of the 2015 explosion: a “near-miss” on 50,000 lb. of MHF. Bring your neighbors, friends, and coworkers! We can’t rest easy until MHF/HF is GONE.
Express Your Support: Write to SCAQMD Officials
Tell SCAQMD Governing Board member Judy Mitchell and Wayne Nastri, Acting Executive Officer, thank you for acting in the interest of public health and safety! Let the AQMD know you support its plans to adopt Rule 1410 and will accept nothing less than a MHF/HF ban by 2020.
See SCAQMD’s Revised Rule and Control Measure Forecast, December 2017. <http://bit.ly/2jcVTCg>
Spread the Word
There are several important things you can do to help us spread the word:
- Share this website with others
- “Like,” comment on, and share the post on the TRAA Facebook Page
- Send a tweet and mention our Twitter account, @TraaNow
- Email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer! We’re a friendly bunch and we’re very passionate about making our mission successful!
- Attend our meetings, held every 1st and 3rd Monday of every month at the Sizzler Restaurant, 2880 Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance, 6 – 8 pm.
- Print out and share the flyer below or forward it to friends, family, and coworkers
Thank you in advance for your support,